Un missile AA contro i missili AA .....

Area dedicata alla discussione sull’Aviazione Militare, gli Aerei, i Reparti e le Basi, le Pattuglie acrobatiche

Moderatore: Staff md80.it

Rispondi
richelieu
FL 500
FL 500

Un missile AA contro i missili AA .....

Messaggio da richelieu » 17 marzo 2016, 10:16

Nuovi sviluppi nel campo dei missili AA degli USA ..... per contrastare i progressi che i potenziali avversari stano conseguendo nello stesso settore .....
US industry could be competing within three years to develop a new self-defence missile for fighters aimed at countering the latest generation of Russian- and Chinese-made air-to-air weapons, says a top Lockheed Martin executive.
For several years, the US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and several contractors, including Lockheed, Raytheon and Boeing, have been researching concepts and subsystems that could be used in a new kind of air-to-air weapon.
In Lockheed’s concept, this miniature self-defence munition (MDSM) – about half the size of a 3.7m (12ft)-long Raytheon AIM-120D AMRAAM – would boast a limited capability to shoot down opposing aircraft in short-range engagements, says Frank St. John, vice-president of tactical missile and combat manoeuvre systems, speaking on 15 March at Lockheed’s annual Media Day.
Fonte ..... USAF working on new defensive missile for fighters

Verso la fine del mese scorso erano già trapelate alcune informazioni relative ad un concetto analogo .....
The US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) says it has begun early research into a miniature air-to-air missile that would be carried on the next-generation of advanced fighter jets.
Known as the Small Advanced Capabilities Missile (SACM), AFRL officials say the conceptual missile would be far smaller and cheaper than today’s advanced air-to-air missiles like the Raytheon AIM-9X and AIM-120D, and therefore might be purchased and fielded in greater quantities.
Fonte ..... USAF reveals slimmed-down SACM air-to-air missile concep

Al tempo stesso ..... non si fa più menzione del vecchio progetto 'CUDA' di LM .....

Immagine

More details are emerging about Lockheed Martin's prospective Cuda hit-to-kill missile system

Vultur
10000 ft
10000 ft

Re: Un missile AA contro i missili AA .....

Messaggio da Vultur » 17 marzo 2016, 12:44

Che forse il combattimento nel corto raggio ha riacquistato significato?

Rispondi